A lions history
The Hotel Zum Löwen can look back on more than 300 years of history and it was already one of the best hotels in Duderstadt at the end of the 17th century.
Around 1850, the classicist façade was added to the »Gasthaus Erster Klasse« (First Class). During the post-war period, the hotel hosted refugees and in 1987 Dr. med. Max Näder (1915-2009), owner of the Ottobock Group, refurbished and modernized the building. His son, Professor Hans Georg Näder, third generation owner of ‘Ottobock’, started a new chapter in the diverse history of the “Löwenquartier”. His love of travel and the arts inspired its extensive redesign that blends artistic and museal concepts with cosmopolitan style.